After only a year and a half of climbing, she met Sean Jones in Yosemite Valley, and together, they put up a new route on the south face of Half Dome called Growing Up (5.13a, A0). With 21 pitches of amazing climbing, she is the only female to have a first ascent on the massive granite monolith, and it is her proudest accomplishment to date.
Since that time, she has traveled extensively throughout the west in her van, with her dog, Charlie, seeking splitter cracks and amazing new places to explore.
See more from Sarah Watson here, and you can also Like her on Facebook.
1. prAna gear you can’t live without?
Chrissy Jacket, Mariposa Top, and Mara Knicker.
2. What you would do (activity/career) if you didn’t climb/BASE
3. Earliest memory?
Tarantulas in my sandbox in Oklahoma.
4. Childhood obsession?
5. Herbivore or Carnivore?
I like meat!
6. Favorite place in the world?
Indian Creek, Utah.
7. Favorite TV Show?
8. Favorite Movie?
9. Favorite Book?
One Hundred Years of Solitude
10. Hobby? (other than climbing/BASE/wingsuit)
I love making art!
11. What is your morning routine?
12. What do you sleep in?
My 2000 Ford Explorer
13. What is the longest you’ve gone without a shower?
14. Talent no one knows about?
I play the piano.
15. Motto/quote to live by?
Kahlil Gibram’s Essay on Love.
16. Who inspires you?
Everyone – in their own little ways.
17. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and what would you say to them?
Amelia Earhart – “what’s up?”
18. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 items would you take with you?
A big knife, water filter, and my dog (Charlie).
19. What community organizations/non-profits are you involved in?
20. Why are you a prAna ambassador?
To help spread love, life and passion.