See more from Portia Menlove here, and you can also Like her on Facebook.
1. prAna gear you can’t live without?
Women’s Cadence Pants are my favorite. They are awesome for climbing in the cool weather and hiking..
2. What you would do (activity/career) if you didn’t climb/BASE?
I am a registered nurse, but I enjoy trail running and Mt. biking, so maybe triathlons?
3. Earliest memory?
Getting attacked by swans in Sun Valley Idaho.
4. Childhood obsession?
5. Herbivore or Carnivore?
Definitely a carnivore, I can’t go a day without meat.
6. Favorite place in the world?
Lake Powell, Utah/Arizona, USA.
7. Favorite TV Show?
8. Favorite Movie?
Hook…and no, I am not ten years old.
9. Favorite Book?
October Sky by Homer Hickman.
10.Hobby? (other than climbing/BASE/wingsuit)
Running, biking, hiking, and reading.
11. What is your morning routine?
Now that I am no longer in nursing school, I am on a six month long climbing trip…my routine is to get up at eight, cook food for the day, eat breakfast and go climbing all day!.
12. What do you sleep in?
My penguin Pjs.
13. What is the longest you’ve gone without a shower?
14. Talent no one knows about?
World champion sushi eater.
15. Motto/quote to live by?
Make sure you have both climbing shoes before leaving the house.
16. Who inspires you?
My dad, he is an amazing athlete. At 56 years old he still kicks my ass!.
17. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and what would you say to them?
I would want to meet Waldo and I would ask him “Waldo, where are you”?
18. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 items would you take with you?
Sunglasses, a surf board…to learn a new sport, and fishing pole…yum sushi!!!!.
19. What community organizations/non-profits are you involved in?
HERA Climb for Life.
20. Why are you a prAna ambassador?
prAna supports not only climbers but a wide variety of sports. As a female athlete who climbs, trail runs and mountain bikes, I hope to get prAna out there in areas of athletics.