For the past nine years, Owen has competed in various climbing competitions around the world. He enjoys all types of climbing, but sport climbing fits his 6′ 1″ frame the best. He really enjoys working with younger climbers on his team and has a great way of communicating with them. Owen will graduate from high school soon and will finally move to his dream location of Colorado in the fall of 2011 where he can climb outside more frequently. Owen will attend Colorado State in the fall (Go Ram’s!) and plans to continue competition climbing while in college.
See more from Owen Graham here, and you can also Like him on Facebook.
1. prAna gear you can’t live without?
The Stretch Zion Pant. They are very versatile when it comes to the activity I am doing and the weather.
2. What you would do (activity/career) if you didn’t climb/BASE?
I have always loved playing golf.
3. Earliest memory?
I remember playing in my sand box with my older brother.
4. Childhood obsession?
Like many climbers, I always loved to climb on things then jump off of them.
5. Herbivore or Carnivore?
Carnivore. I could not live without meat!
6. Favorite place in the world?
Southern France is the most beautiful place I have ever been.
7. Favorite TV Show?
8. Favorite Movie?
Into The Wild.
9. Favorite Book?
The Great Gatsby.
10. Hobby? (other than climbing/BASE/wingsuit)
11. What is your morning routine?
Shower, oatmeal, then off to school.
12. What do you sleep in?
A bed if it is available.
13. What is the longest you’ve gone without a shower?
Too long…2 weeks maybe.
14. Talent no one knows about?
I am quite the pool shark.
15. Motto/quote to live by?
Give more than you take.
16. Who inspires you?
17. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and what would you say to them?
Jesus – Why die for us?
18. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 items would you take with you?
Climbing shoes, Cheerios, golf clubs.
19. What community organizations/non-profits are you involved in?
am the founder of Left Overs for The Less Fortunate. It is a charity that picks up left over items from school lunches, and then takes the items to local food banks.
20. Why are you a prAna ambassador?
I believe in what prAna stands for. It is very easy to represent a company that you respect and trust.