Kate Reese McGinnis
You can also Like Kate on Facebook, and subscribe to her blog The Adventures of Kate McGinnis.
1. prAna gear you can’t live without?
The Quinn top and the Canyon pant : )
2. What you would do (activity/career) if you didn’t climb/BASE?
I’d play a lot more music (I still fiddle with a group from time to time)
3. Earliest memory?
I think my earliest memory is of my mom rocking me.
4. Childhood obsession?
5. Herbivore or Carnivore?
6. Favorite place in the world?
7. Favorite TV Show?
8. Favorite Movie?
Tie between ‘Sleepless in Seattle’ and ‘You’ve Got Mail’ (I’m such a sucker)
9. Favorite Book?
The Little Prince.
10. Hobby? (other than climbing/BASE/wingsuit)
Knitting & Playing music
11. What is your morning routine?
It involves a lot of toddler wrangling. When I get Annie down for her morning nap, I take a moment to just breathe and reflect and enjoy a cup of coffee.
12. What do you sleep in?
13. What is the longest you’ve gone without a shower?
If dips in lakes/creeks/rivers don’t count.
14. Talent no one knows about?
Most people don’t know that I’ve played the violin since I was 4.
15. Motto/quote to live by?
“There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.” ~The Dalai Lama.
16. Who inspires you?
17. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and what would you say to them?
This one is just too hard to answer- I keep thinking I’d go back to warn people about tragedies that happened, but then I’m stuck in the whole Back to the Future conundrum of ruining the future.
18. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 items would you take with you?
I guess items don’t include people or dogs… so I guess I’d take some rope, a knife, and a book of matches..
19. What community organizations/non-profits are you involved in?
I am an athlete representative on the USA Climbing Board of Directors.
20. Why are you a prAna ambassador?
I love these clothes, the company, their story, and the philosophy behind it. I’ve been climbing in these clothes for the past 12 years and am proud to represent prAna because they do so much to support the climbing community.