Francesca is heading to Georgia Tech in the fall to study Biology, but hopes to continue to travel and compete at the same level and climb outdoors even more. She also hopes to continue her coaching career, which she started at the Rock Spot in 2010 because she loves working with new, young climbers and sharing her passion with as many people as possible!.
See more from Francesca Metcalf here, and you can also Like her on Facebook.
1. prAna gear you can’t live without?
My Bliss Capri pants! They’re the perfect climbing pants.
2. What you would do (activity/career) if you didn’t climb/BASE?
Gymnastics probably- that’s what I was doing when I discovered climbing at least. Or maybe tennis.
3. Earliest memory?
When I was about three, I was sitting on a table, fell off, hit my chin on a chair and had to get stitches. I don’t actually remember falling off, but I remember my mom telling me to get off the table because I was going to get hurt.
4. Childhood obsession?
5. Herbivore or Carnivore?
6. Favorite place in the world?
7. Favorite TV Show?
8. Favorite Movie?
Pride and Prejudice (the one with Colin Firth)
9. Favorite Book?
Pride and Prejudice
10. Hobby? (other than climbing/BASE/wingsuit)
Playing tennis, reading, procrastinating
11. What is your morning routine?
Wake up, put some clothes on, brush my teeth, do something with my hair, eat a bagel
12. What do you sleep in?
Boxers and a comp shirt.
13. What is the longest you’ve gone without a shower?
A week I think. I was camping.
14. Talent no one knows about?
I have mad dancing skills.
15. Motto/quote to live by?
Go with the flow but don’t get swept away by the current. Nervousness is just your brain’s way of saying, ‘this will feel great to conquer’, so let yourself go and take on the thrill.
16. Who inspires you?
My two sisters, Olivia and Amelia, who I could not live without and Andre Agassi.
17. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and what would you say to them?
I would want to meet Ke$ha. I would tell her that I loved her, that she was my idol and ask her to teach me her glorious ways.
18. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 items would you take with you?
A Swiss Army knife, a boat and the guy from Man vs. Wild.
19. What community organizations/non-profits are you involved in?
The Magical Moon Foundation, an organic farm that works to empower children with cancer and their families.
20. Why are you a prAna ambassador?
I love prAna clothes and everything prAna stands for. It’s awesome to be able to represent a company that not only makes awesome clothes but also has such a positive impact on the climbing community and the world