In my return, I climbed the 6C and since then my passion for climbing and traveling has never stopped growing. Today, with my husband François Nicole and our two cute little girls, Lou-Anne and Romane we climb in family with always the same passion. We live in Glion, a small village perched between the lake and mountains and located halfway between the Wallis and The Jura. We have so many climbing spots close to home. Boulders and routes very beautiful. I work as a librarian and I teach rock-climbing but what I prefer is to travel with my family to meet people and climb all over our beautiful planet.
You can also Like Danielle Grangier on Facebook.
1. prAna gear you can’t live without?
I can’t live without my stretchy Boyfriend jeans.
2. What you would do (activity/career) if you didn’t climb/BASE?
I would have liked to be a dancer.
3. Earliest memory?
My parents and my sister Catherine.
4. Childhood obsession?
Owning a horse.
5. Herbivore or Carnivore?
Herbivore of course.
6. Favorite place in the world?
Mali and South Africa.
7. Favorite TV Show?
8. Favorite Movie?
Jarmusch’s films, I love the movie Billie Elliott from Stephen Daldry.
9. Favorite Book?
I am a librarian so i like a lot of book. Colum MC Cann : The Side of Brightness.
10. Hobby? (other than climbing/BASE/wingsuit)
I love dancing, snowboarding, skiing, and reading.
11. What is your morning routine?
12. What do you sleep in?
I sleep on a futon.
13. What is the longest you’ve gone without a shower?
In Mali maybe two weeks but i have always found a means to wash myself.
14. Talent no one knows about?
15. Motto/quote to live by?
Live with passion, enjoying every second as if it was the last.
16. Who inspires you?
My daughters inspire me everyday and François inspires me in climbing.
17. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and what would you say to them?
Nelson Mandela, for its lessons of courage, compassion and humanity he gave to the world. And for its life dedicated to the fight for the respect for human rights.
18. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 items would you take with you?
A notebook and colored pencils.
19. What community organizations/non-profits are you involved in?
Amnesty International, and perhaps i’d like to get involved with Greenpeace because the planet needs help.
20. Why are you a prAna ambassador?
I like living in harmony with the nature.