20th Hueco Rock Rodeo
President’s Day Weekend • February 15th-17th 2013
The Hueco Rock Rodeo brings climbers of all abilities together for a weekend full of climbing and camaraderie in the world class bouldering destination of Hueco Tanks. Pro climbers and special events scheduled for this year include:
• Fred Nicole is returning to Hueco! He will be at the event helping 5.10 and prAna cook breakfast for the competitors Saturday morning!
• Daniel Woods is returning to see if he can win the Rodeo for what would be his fourth consecutive year and top his performance last year—one of the best climbing days of his life where he sent: 1 V11, 2 V12s, 1 V13 and 2 V14s! Woods will also be conducting a Rock Rodeo Climbing Clinic on Sunday February, 17th!
• Paul Robinson will be returning for the first time since he won the Rodeo in 2009 to challenge Daniel for the Mutant Category Title! On Friday February 15th Paul will also be premiering his new movie, Chasing Winter, which showcases his last year of bouldering in South Africa and Europe and conducting a Rodeo Clinic on Sunday.
• Paige Claassen and Abbey Smith will be presenting The Incan Odyssey—a slideshow about their recent bouldering trip to Peru with Pete Takeda, Mick Follari, and Andy Mann—on Friday February, 15th after pre-registration and dinner.
• Angie Payne will present Discovering and Establishing Boulders in Greenland—a slideshow about her recent trip to Greenland with Ethan Pringle, Keith Ladzinski, and Mike Libecki on Saturday February, 16th after the comp.
• The Park Staff of Hueco Tanks has made the available First Rodeo Hueco Tanks Rock Art Tour on Friday, February 15th at 2:00pm—embracing the cultural aspects of Hueco.
• 2nd Annual HRR Art Show featuring work from local strong climbers and artists Sam Davis (photography) and Vanessa Compton (mixed media) will be on Saturday, February 16th. Selected works will also be available for viewing and purchase throughout the season at the Hueco Rock Rodeo website.
• 2nd Annual HRR Dyno Comp will be on Saturday, February 16th
• 2nd Annual HRR Youth Comp will take place on Sunday, February 17th.
• Sunday evening the competitors and clinic participants will be welcomed back to the Ranch for the Rock Rodeo Round Up BBQ! There will be a food, drinks, beer, fire, live music, and, back by popular demand, the mechanical bull!
Registration costs $80 per participant and includes climbing Saturday, goody bags filled with Rodeo t-shirts, hats and more, slideshows, movie premier, Saturday night party, two breakfasts, three dinners, and beer!
More info and registration